6/07/2013

Arrested Development: "Queen B" Review IGN All

Note: With all of Arrested Development's new season released simultaneously on Netflix, we're running a new episode review each weekday until we've gone through all 15 episodes. You can find previously posted reviews on IGN's Arrested Development: Season 4 page. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that, aside from the premiere episode, I'm writing all of these episode reviews after I've seen the entire new season.


As a huge fan of the epically, wonderfully, nasty Lucille Bluth, I have to say it was great to finally see her take the spotlight in “Queen B.” The big set up to the episode, Lucille having taken over as the new leader of the Real Asian Prison Housewives of the Orange County White Collar System, was actually one of its weaker aspects. Some amusing bits about being stabbed by a noodle shiv aside, this stuff was just so-so, as the other Housewives weren't particularly entertaining, besides as set up for some good "Lucille is a racist" barbs – and I no idea why Bobby Lee in drag was meant to be particularly amusing, but, there he was. However, the running joke of people claiming Lucille's belongings was awesome, especially when we saw "Guard #2" written on the brush.


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ign/all/~3/xHTojRr1iYo/arrested-development-queen-b-review

No comments:

Post a Comment