Over the next two weeks, Dark Souls veteran Rich Stanton will be documenting his thoughts and experiences as he plays through the game. Join him as he enters Drangleic for the first time...
AN UNEASY BEGINING...
Dark Souls is my favourite game ever. So much so that, aside from a 20 minute hands-on, I studiously avoided every possible detail about the sequel until that magical disc was in my hands. My PS3's been waiting for this moment, and so have I.
My first impressions of Dark Souls II are not good, and it's nothing to do with the mandatory install or PS3 system update. The original's epic but mysterious opening has been replaced by a gummy old lady, mouthing threats and making little sense. In the opening area, before acquiring any weapons, I discover the first threat – a kind of cyclops monster that looks straight out of the EDF playbook. Things are looking grim, and not because it just back-slammed me to death.
http://ift.tt/1hirwj5
No comments:
Post a Comment