10/01/2012

Seth MacFarlane to Host Oscars IGN All

Seth MacFarlane will host the 85th annual Academy Awards, which will take place on Feb. 24th.


The Family Guy creator and Ted director is obviously the Academy's latest attempt to court a younger audience for the annual telecast. While the show went old school last year with Billy Crystal, two years prior a similar youth-grab was orchestrated with James Franco and Anne Hathaway, to what pundits deemed generally disappointing results.


"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," said MacFarlane. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen roast."


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ign/all/~3/md7p6Qeha5g/seth-macfarlane-to-host-oscars

No comments:

Post a Comment