11/14/2012

Brave Blu-ray Review IGN All

Brave isn’t my favorite Disney/Pixar offering, but I seem to enjoy it more than a lot of people that I know. I wouldn’t say that I wholly disagree with the official IGN review of the film, but I appreciate Pixar’s moves to subvert the expectations of the fairy tale setup that the film provides, let alone how it destroys the traditional building blocks of a typical Disney Princess by placing Merida in some familiar situations and having her totally act out against them. This is a Disney Princess for the 21st century, despite her roots being firmly planted in more primitive times.


If you skipped it in theaters, the premise is familiar: Merida is the daughter of King Fergus and Queen Elinor, and is to be bequeathed to a suitor of another kingdom as per her people’s customs. In constant conflict with her mother, Merida sets off to find a way to forge her own path, sometimes at the expense of hurting those she hurts most.


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ign/all/~3/07qPXY3RgOk/brave-blu-ray-review

No comments:

Post a Comment