1/08/2014

Infamous: Second Son's Beauty is in the Details IGN All

I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority at IGN when I say that the first two Infamous games didn’t quite do it for me. I appreciated the world design, and the act of traversal definitely felt good, but they never clicked with me the way other superhero/open-world adventures like Crackdown, Assassin’s Creed, Spider-Man 2, or the Arkham games had. So that was my mindset going in to my first hands-on with Infamous: Second Son. Greg and Colin have been singing the game’s praises since last E3, but I was definitely still skeptical.


Well, I can safely say that I’m now a believer.


Greg was 100% on point in his preview from November when he emphasized the game’s impeccable focus on fluidity. Delsin’s powers aren’t just simple elemental traits that alter your attacks; they’re fully part of everything you do in the world. The way that your smoke powers cause gorgeous plumes to appear as your dart around the city is incredible. Finding a vent, turning into vapor, and immediately bursting up to the top of a building made we want to explore every nook and cranny of Sucker Punch’s take on Seattle. Same goes for the neon power, which allows Delsin to zip across the world and run straight up the sides of buildings like a fantastic mix between The Flash and a Light Cycle from Tron.


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ign/all/~3/_0nnQEQZ9DY/ces-infamous-second-sons-beauty-is-in-the-details

No comments:

Post a Comment