1/28/2014

Might and Magic X: Legacy Review IGN All

Might and Magic X: Legacy makes me feel as though I'm back in high school. (For reference, it’s been a while.) I enjoy when it nudges me into turn-based battles on tiled maps and pitted me against spiders in a well, but I despise it when its stuttering performance and pop-in textures remind me of the clunker PC I had back in the '90s. Good thing, then, that Legacy delivers an old-school fantasy roleplaying game experience that's so authentic and earnest that its payoff is just as worth enduring the technical shortcomings as its ancestors were.


Rarely do modern RPGs allow such a high degree of freedom. The only real tutorials or direction involve convincing an NPC to tag along and spout commentary as you pass different services, and when you venture into the world beyond the starter town, Legacy grants you the liberty to bumble into zones your party's ill-prepared for. It's a smart design that left me keenly aware of my limits and added variety to the dirty work of leveling and allocating stats to my four heroes. That in itself delivers one of Legacy's primary challenges, as it allows multiple opportunities to create shoddy party makeups out of the 12 possible race and class combinations while also offering the freedom to make optimal parties capable of handling most struggles with ease.


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://ift.tt/L6TALH

No comments:

Post a Comment