2/03/2014

Robocop: Joel Kinnaman Interview IGN All

Joel Kinnaman is best known as one of the leads in the American version of TV show The Killing, but this month he stars in his first bona fide blockbuster, playing the title character in Jose Padhila’s remake of Robocop. We caught up with Kinnaman on the film’s Toronto suit to discuss landing the role, wearing the suit and perfecting the voice, and to talk about those inevitable comparisons with Paul Verhoeven’s original.


What made you want to do movie?


Jose Padhila, the director. When I first heard Robocop was going to be remade. I said “Yeah, that’s interesting, I’ll probably watch that at some point, but I’m not interested at all to be in it.” Then I found out that Jose wanted to do it and meet me, which I was very flattered by. I followed his work from way before he was going to do this movie, and I was very impressed with both his political analysis of Brazil and the style of filmmaking. The quality of his action that he blends with a very strong visual sense and very strong acting. For me he’s one of the big young directors. After I met him and he told me his vision for this movie, it was something that I really wanted to do. And I had to fight for it. It wasn’t an easily won audition. I had to audition three times. It was while I was filming The Killing up in Vancouver, so I was going up and down.


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://ift.tt/1bmVmmc

No comments:

Post a Comment