1/28/2015

Why Ivan Reitman Isn't Directing Ghostbusters Reboot IGN All

Ivan Reitman has been talking about the forthcoming Ghostbusters reboot, explaining why he isn’t directing, and also why he thinks an all-female cast is the right way to go.


Reitman is promoting sports movie Draft Day – which hit DVD in the UK this week – and unfortunately we spoke to him a couple of hours before Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon were announced as the all-new Ghostbusters. So instead we asked him why he won’t be directing.


“Between Billy Murray’s reluctance in doing another one – and especially when I returned from Harold Ramis’s funeral – I realised that actually, I may be able to talk Bill into doing another one, but I certainly can’t talk Harold into it” explained the director of the first two flicks. “But I felt it needed fresh eyes as a director and somebody with new ideas. I had already done two of them and I love the franchise, so I would continue as a producer but give somebody else the opportunity to bring their own ideas to this wonderful franchise.”


Continue reading…






IGN All

http://ift.tt/1triStA

No comments:

Post a Comment